Work productivity remains an utmost concern for several business owners. Many employees are required to be productive regardless of the working conditions.
However, research has shown that a worker’s productivity reflects the kind of working conditions they are subjected to.
While there are several ways to enhance work performance, having a good air conditioning system offers a good way to enhance workers’ productivity. A comfortable working environment is crucial to employee performance, and proper air conditioning helps provide such comfort.
The following are some of the ways air conditioning can improve work performance;
1. Enhances worker’s health
An employee can only be productive when they’re healthy. A functioning air conditioning system has several health benefits that enhance employee productivity. They include:
- Improves respiratory conditions: Airborne particles are common in the workplace and may likely cause respiratory illnesses. Similarly, gases and fumes from the outer surrounding may also enter the office apartment. A good air conditioning system helps circulate clean and fresh air by removing stale and heavy particle air.
- Faster metabolism: An air conditioning system helps reduce the office’s temperature to a level that promotes faster metabolism in employees.
- Reduces the pressure on the immune system: Germs spread faster in poorly air-conditioned rooms. An air condition unit provides the right temperature that mitigates the spread of germs.
2. Enhances worker’s comfortability
Several factors play a significant role in workers’ productivity. However, comfort in the workplace has remained an integral aspect of performance.
Research has shown that workers are more excited to work when comfortable. While there are numerous ways to improve employees’ comfort in the workplace, installing a functional air conditioning unit is very crucial.
Office temperatures have a strong connection to workers’ mood and productivity. For example, there is a difference between an office with a comfortable temperature of 74 Celsius to a stuffy 80 degrees.
A proper air conditioning unit goes a long way in enhancing employee comfortability and improving productivity.
3. Stable office temperature
An office environment with a stable temperature helps to maximize performance. Workers love a stable office temperature.
Coming to work each day to meet varying temperature levels can be quite unsettling. While there is a debate on the ideal work temperature, studies have shown that a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius is best for workers’ productivity.
An office apartment would need a good air conditioning system to keep temperature levels stable at the workplace.
4. Ideal humid temperatures
Aside from heat, humidity is another factor that unsettles many employees. Air conditioning systems with inbuilt humidifiers allow for humidity control.
Research shows that the ideal relative humidity of the workplace should be between 40-60%. Low humidity may cause itchy or dry skin and increase workers’ vulnerability to cold and infection, resulting in low work performance.
Workers perform best when they are relaxed, healthy, and stable. One of the best ways to enhance workers’ productivity is to ensure they are comfortable in their workplace.
With a proper air conditioning system, business owners and executives can improve the health and comfort of their workers, which helps to promote productivity.